Good news For Grand 2 users! Finally new Rom came out for dual sim.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102), the latest mid range smartphones to receive the updated version of Android. In a recent change of scenario, the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102) received the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update via unofficial CyanogenMod CM12.1 ROM with Dual Sim Working. All credit for this latest update goes to the XDA senior member Mukulsoni and CyanogenMod team for creating the ROM.
Based on the reports through the XDA Developers, the version of the CM 12.1 ROM, which of course is an unofficial version, has some features, which are
- High stability
- Fully functional ability
- Absence for the incoming voice feature on 2nd SIM
- Devoid of all bloat ware apps
- Much lighter than the native Touch Wiz UI, which is generally found in Samsung’s official firmware
The features which are incorporated into CM 12.1 ROM are as follows:
- Dual Sim Working
- Working Wi-Fi
- Default FM
- Music Player Updated
- Updated Gallery
- Default calendar updated
- A lovely looking Wallpaper
- Stylish Boot Animation
- Whisherpush or sms encryption process
- Disabling SELinux
- Fixed Screen lock bug
- Fixed Boot animation lag
- New Cyanogen Camera
- No more YouTube pause error
- Fixed Auto Live Display
- Fixed Auto brightness light issue
- New CM feature of App notification popup
- Updated vendor files for speedup
- Offline mode charging
However, remember some of the requirements during the installation process. The pre requirements are:
Instructions given above is for an international variant of Galaxy Grand 2 with model number SM-G7102 only
- 75% battery charge is required
- Back up all data and settings
- Verify correct USB drivers
- Enable USB Debugging mode
- CWM recovery installed and is rooted and also ensure that boot loader is unlocked
In case, people who wish to try their hands on with the latest Lollipop firmware on their Galaxy Grand 2, can go ahead and install the unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM. However, I (Dharmendra Kumhar) will not be responsible for any kind of damage caused during the process. You can continue the entire at your own risk.
Rooting and installing CWM in Grand 2 – You first need to Root your Grand 2 for installing the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM. So, first copy the SuperSU File in your SD card and follow the Below steps –
Files need to be Downloaded: –
- Download Odin
- Download ClockworkMod (CWM)
- Download SuperSU
Step by step guide to Root Your Phone –
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy Grand 2. Open Settings> about and Click Build number 7 times. Go back to Settings> Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Open Odin folder and launch Odin.
- Now copy the SuperSU file on SD card.
- Switch off your Phone and boot it into Download Mode. You can do it by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time. Once you see the warning screen, press Volume Up key for installation CWM.
- Connect your phone to computer the USB cable.
- If the ID:COM port on Odin turns light blue and “Added!”. Your phone is connected with Odin. If you do not see any sign of connection, reinstall the drivers or you can download Samsung USB driver.
- Now click the PDA button on Odin and select CWM file which you have downloaded. you can check above screen shot.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot should be unchecked and F. Reset Time options are selected & then click the Start button.
- Wait it will take 3-5 Minute for complete.
- You will see PASS! Make sure don’t restart you Phone. Just follow this step – You can now disconnect the USB cable and Remove the battery for 30 seconds & put it back. Now you need to press and hold the Volume UP + Home + Power buttons for going to in recovery mode –
- Now Install SuperSU from External SD card for rooting a phone.
- Once you done you need to normal boot. Open the superSU apps for giving full root access.
Steps to follow while installing Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
Files need to be Downloaded: –
- Download CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1)
- Download GAPPS
The steps to be followed while the installation processes are as follows:
- Download CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 custom ROM file & GAPPS for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102) on PC.
- Connect your Phone to your Computer with the use of Data Cable.
- Copy the downloaded CM 12.1 ROM, Dual Sim Patch & Gapps zip file to the SD Card of Phone.
- Turn off your phone and disconnect it from your Phone.
- In order to boot the device into Recovery Mode, just press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons all at once.
- Once the phone enters into CWM Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Volume keys can be used for the purpose of the navigation between options and for the purpose of the selecting an option during the recovery mode, press Power button
- Complete the process of the Wipe cache Partition.
- Even, complete the process of the Wipe Dalvik Cache. Go to the ‘advanced‘ option and click Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- After the completion of these processes, return to the main recovery menu and choose Install Zip from SD card.
- Click Choose Zip from SD card and go to the CM 12.1 ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your SD Card of your phone and choose it by tapping the Power button.
- As soon as the next screen appears, confirm the ROM installation, which initiate the process of installation.
- Now Install GAPPS from External SDcard for Google Apps like Play Store, Maps & Etc.
- After installation gets completed, select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu by visiting “+++++Go Back+++++“
As soon as Phone reboots (which may take some times), your Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 will be running the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via CM 12.1 custom ROM. You can go to Settings and click on ‘About phone’ to verify the same.
Imp – Set SIM1 as 3G and SIM2 as 2G than it will be work.